Table Mountain National Park (TMNP) would like to remind visitors to take note of the following safety rules:
- Do not carry out your activity alone. Do it in groups when out hiking, trail running, cycling or horse riding, etc.
- Choose your route carefully and stick to it. Allow yourself enough time – start early. Inform someone of your route and what time you’re expected back.
- Always take waterproof clothing, and wear walking shoes or hiking boots.
- Do not attract unwanted attention by openly displaying cash, cameras, or other valuables.
- Should you have visitors to the city unfamiliar with the mountain, we suggest you engage the services of a guide to ensure they have the best possible experience. For all local visitors, we suggest they consider joining one of the many groups who hike daily across the mountain and who welcome new faces to their ranks.
- Please load our emergency number into your phone before setting off. Table Mountain National Park Emergency Number 086 110 6417. Wilderness Search and Rescue Number 021 937 0300 or dial 112
- Entry to the park always remains at your own risk.
- For Table Mountain National Park and Cape Town Tourism safety tips please click HERE
- To visit their website, click HERE.
#SANParks #LiveYourWild #SafetyTips #TableMountainNationalPark